belief (plural beliefs)
- Mental acceptance of a claim as truth.
- (countable) Something believed.
- The ancient people have a belief in many deities.
- (uncountable) The quality or state of believing.
- My belief that it will rain tomorrow is strong.
- (uncountable) Religious faith.
- She often said it was her belief that carried her through the hard times.
- (plural) One"s religious or moral convictions.
- I can"t do that. It"s against my beliefs.
- (process) Wishing a case or circumstance to be true (be + "lief" --> be + wished).
- I recommend a switch from belief to simple being; you need a rest.
6 letters in word "belief": B E E F I L.
No anagrams for belief found in this word list.
Words found within belief: